Recently moved to Malaysia in June 2019. I am completing a Masters degree in Design Futures with RMIT University (expected completion June 2020). I’m exploring design methodologies to solve complex problems for business, government and other forms of organisations. I have posted a few pieces of writing in the Research section of the site.
Prior to my current vector, for more than 15 years I was a hands-on Art Director and Design Director; managing teams and projects from concept to completion.
Historically my remit has been to design to strategies, and driving projects through to a successful outcome regardless of the chosen platform delivery. A senior level, hands-on, creative designer with expertise across; Art Direction, UX and UI Design, Illustration, 3D & Motion Design.
I have worked on a number of award winning projects for both online and mobile apps: WilderQuest iPad app winner of 11 AIMIAs, Trocoxil iPad app Bronze Clio, Streets Paddle Pop (online) AIMIA Finalist, just to name a few.
As a creative specialist in the digital industry, I work proficiently across several design disciplines including; User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) for mobile apps, games and online products, as well as 3D animation and motion design.
Design and art direction experience
My design and art direction experience covers a cross-section of industries. Below, while not an exhaustive list, it summarises the last 15 years across different agencies and through my own studio:
- kids’ games and education apps (National Parks and Wildlife Service NSW),
- online and mobile B2B (Leap Legal software, ING Investor, Electrolux),
- FMCG and Consumer discretionary brands (Cup-a-soup, Paddle Pop, GWF, Ribena, John West, AmbiPur, Ikea) ,
- electronics (Sunbeam, Breville, Electrolux, Nintendo Australia, Pioneer),
- automotive (Subaru),
- pharmaceuticals (GSK, Pfizer, Zoetis, Bayer),
- mining and infrastructure (Ausenco),
- entertainment (Hoyts Entertainment, Dendy Cinemas, Fox 8).